My Photo
Name:
Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States

I was told I was in the Science Club in high school. I don't remember it. I bet it was wild.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Two great links

First, a news story:

Guns N' Roses cancels concert appearances because of laws that ban them from drinking on stage.

And you thought they didn't have principles....

Second, a great article:

Who is the best band of the 80s? U2 and REM?


The only problem I have with the otherwise stellar memory piece is that he thinks U2 somehow came unscathed out of that mid90s reinvention. Sure, from 1982-92, they were the most revolutionary, political, and powerful band on the planet. Now they sing "Beautiful Day" at the Super Bowl. No thanks, guy. Otherwise, though, a lot of good points about what I love about both bands in their respective primes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home